New Zealand research
HPA carries out the Triennial Sun Exposure Survey and the biennial Health and Lifestyle Survey (which includes a sun safety section).
Other New Zealand organisations providing information and undertaking sun safety research include the following:
- The Cancer Society of New Zealand Social and Behavioural Research Unit.
- University of Otago Hugh Adams Cancer Epidemiology Unit.
- Eccles Laboratory: Developmental Genetics and Pathology.
- University of Auckland. School of Population Health. Cancer Epidemiology.
- The Ministry of Health annually updates skin cancer deaths and melanoma registrations in their Cancer: New Registrations and Death Series.
- NIWA UV Science Workshops.
- Melanoma Network of New Zealand Incorporated (MelNet).
International organisations providing information and undertaking sun safety research include the following:
- Cancer Council Australia.
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- US Preventive Services Taskforce.
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services.
- Cancer Research UK.
- WHO INTERSUN Programme.
- QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute (Queensland) - melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers.
- A subcategory of the above is Centre for research excellence in sun and health.
- International Agency for Research on Cancer.
- Klein Buendel Inc.
- University of Sunshine Coast.
- Queensland University of Technology - AusSun Research Laboratory.
- NICE – National Institute for Health and care excellence.
- Harvard School of Public Health.
- Brown University.